Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Toshiba REGZA 42HL167 42-Inch Deals

By P. Speyer (Mesa, AZ USA) -
This review is from: Toshiba REGZA 42HL167 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Old Version) (Electronics)
I was finally ready to purchase a HDTV and went down to the local Best Buy because the the great financing of 2 yrs same as cash and sales they had this Memorial Day. I was interested in the 42" Sharp Aquios LCD 1080p before I was on my way down to the store to view all TVs in person. When I got there I saw the other tv I i was slightly interested in to compare it to the Aquios was the Toshiba REGZA 1080p and was blown away by the resolution of the promo they were playing on HD DVD, the price and of course 3 yrs same as cash pan they had on Toshiba tvs. Needless to say I was sold! I got the TV for $1519(minus tax) score. I am a big fan of Toshiba from the TV I replaced which I bought in winter of 2000 which has never given me problems. While I was there I picked my Toshiba HD-A20 1080p HD DVD palyer to replace my original DVD player that I had purchased back in 1999 and paid $400 for, and agian never gave me any problems. Viewing both "Phantom of the Opera" and "Corpse Bride" were amazing at 1080p and I'm a stickler on resolution. Needless to say I side with Toshiba there products and HD DVD. I am at this moment extremely happy with my purchase.


 By Richard B. Macklin "kermitthefrog_00" (FARGO, N.D. United States)
This review is from: Toshiba REGZA 42HL167 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Old Version) (Electronics)
I bought my Tv 2 weeks ago after much research...

It totally exceeds expectations when viewing TRUE HiDef 1080I
(1920 X 1080 pixel channels)
It has SIX viewing modes so you can always get full screen projection
whether 480I or 1080I

Though it is "cable ready", in order to utilize it's 1080I capabilities,
I had to upgrade to a HD cable box (includes TIVO and 2 tuner recording which is great) $75.00 mo FULL SERVICE
The 480I digital channels vary widely in picture quality from POOR to VG**
The 1080I HiDEF channels are truly STUNNING

*note: the cable guy used a coaxial cable from the new box to the TV
I suggested he use a HDMI cable and the difference was noticable
** I have UPGRADED my HDMI to HDMI cable @eforcity
*AMAZON (6ft $3.12) EXCELLENT for all needs
It has significantly reduced the cable noise and improved
480I reception

This is a TV built for the future with FULL 1080P capability

The 3 HDMI ports are v1.3
*I confirmed this with tech at Toshiba
(they are listed as 1.0 on many sites)
This is IMPORTANT

If you combine it with a TOSHIBA A-20 upconverting 1080P HD-DVD player HDMI v1.2a($320) or
SONY Playstation 3 HDMI v1.3($500) or BETTER ...
WAIT until October 31st, when the NEW Blu-ray players
or the 4th generation HD DVD come out,
you will have a terrific system for under $2000 that will not be obsolete in 3 years and utilize the full 1080P potential of this incredible HDTV
*Make sure to use 24 bit/pixel high quality cables

It was ready out of the box:
The ONLY adjustment I have made is to increase the Bass setting to 65
(the sound is VERY GOOD)

note:
I purchased a MONSTER HDTV Calibration Wizzard on EBAY for $2.50
I have NO green tint and the blacks are true...as are ALL the colors
I made NO color adjustment as was recommended, only contrast and brightness

I could not be more satisfied

UPDATE 9/3/07

It is clear from the reviews and my own experience that this HDTV does NOT
distinguish itself with older equipment, broadcasts in 480I, OR with antenna
Even the broadcasts I get on cable in 1080I from my local stations
are not 100%
HOWEVER
When using the HDMI connections in FULL 1080I
from national networks: Discovery PBS FOOD NETWORK ESPN NBC ABC CBS etc

IT IS INCREDIBLE !!!!

For movies or gaming in 1080P you will need a upgraded DVD player or
playstation 3 (check specs & compatibility)



By S. Davenport (Boston, MA) -
This review is from: Toshiba REGZA 42HL167 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Old Version) (Electronics)
Just purchased this TV in May '07 and am very pleased so far with the purchase. I read the previous review and I guess I can see that it's not the most premier picture in the HD universe, but it is still pretty outstanding.

The key here for 5 stars is value - for around 1600 with shipping or tax you're getting a 42" flat panel with 1080P (built for the future). It's also Toshiba's 3rd generation technology whereas many of the Bravias and Sharps are still on their 2nd generation.

So, while maybe not the top 1% of HD pictures and at times you see some pixelation (very minor, possibly due to the inferiority of the source) it costs less than half of some of those monitors. If you're looking for great value this is the TV - remember that you'll pay about $125 for nice HDMI cables to hook it up properly and you can get the whole package for a great deal.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét