Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Toshiba 24SL410U 24-Inch Deals

By Steve P. Moss (Detroit, MI, USA.) -
This review is from: Toshiba 24SL410U 24-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LED-LCD HDTV, Black (2011 Model) (Electronics)
The 24" screen is perfect for our kitchen and the picture is truly spectacular. However the sound is just terrible. There is no distortion through the volume range, but the sound is incredibly tinny and phone-like. I am being totally serious in saying my bedside clock AM radio sounds better than this TV. That is what I don't get with the sub-29" TV market. They will mostly be used in locations where there is no room or need for a home theater system, and yet clearly the audio is an afterthought.

So ok, I can maybe find space to install a PC speaker system to make the TV listenable, but it only has line-out audio jacks, so the TV remote will not control the volume, and there is no headphone jack.
This is such a glaring problem on small TVs, that I am amazed, or more accurately, annoyed it has not been addressed. I will have to return this TV.

Have you noticed it is impossible to evaluate the sound of a TV in a store where they have 100 TVs on and all tuned to the same channel?

UPDATE: Returned the Toshiba after one week. I just could not get used to the audio. I got the 26" LG LED LCD. Sooo much better audio, and with a headphone jack in case I do want to upgrade the sound, but don't think I will need to. It cost an extra $100 over the 24" Toshiba, but the only add-on powered speaker system I could find with a wireless remote was the ZVOX Mini for $199. Made no sense

 By Mary Ann (St. Louis, MO) -
This review is from: Toshiba 24SL410U 24-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LED-LCD HDTV, Black (2011 Model) (Electronics)
I got a great price by buying an "open box" but now I see why it was returned. I read the reviews about the bad sound but thought I wasn't that picky and it was just going to serve as a small TV for the bedroom. The sound is worse than bad--it's almost annoying. After realizing I was just turning it off to eliminate the noise, I decided to return it too
By J. Grandbois (St John, IN) -
This review is from: Toshiba 24SL410U 24-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LED-LCD HDTV, Black (2011 Model) (Electronics)
We purchased this TV at a big box store, despite the poor reviews we read regarding the sound of the speakers. The salesman insisted that it would sound just fine in our average size, quiet bedroom. BIG MISTAKE! Are you old enough to remember transistor radios? Cause that is the sound quality that this TV's speakers produce. We were replacing our old 19" box-type TV that had great sound so the difference was really noticeable. We even tried to tweek it by raising up the bass and lowering the treble but it still sounds hollow. There are much better TV's on the market to buy

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét