Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Toshiba 55G310U 55-Inch Deals

By Erika (Lagrangeville, NY United States) -
This review is from: Toshiba 55G310U 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV, Black (2011 Model) (Electronics)
We bought this TV from tigerdirect here on Amazon after some research.Great picture and we were happy with it until the unit crapped out on us after owning it for 6weeks.The lcd panel went bad according to Toshiba tech rep in India (good luck if you have to call them!!). Called Tiger Direct and they would do nothing for us.They WOULD sell us another TV and give us free shipping!!! You can guess what i told them to do!! Next I tried toshiba customer service and they wont replace the TV unless it is deemed"unrepairable". I actually got to talk to somebody in the states and they were no help.Next, I tried to get the thing repaired by the local Toshiba service rep and it seems that the part is currently unavailable and he wont know how long it will take to get or even if he can get it. So I will never buy a Toshiba product again and Tiger direct will never see me again.These ----- companies will take your $$$ in a NY minute but there customer service is Non existant!!! Do yourself a favor and spend a couple extra bucks and buy from your nearest Mom and POP store!!! At least you can keep the $$$ in your community and have a face to talk to when things go wrong!!! signed,MadasHell

 By spyac3 -
This review is from: Toshiba 55G310U 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV, Black (2011 Model) (Electronics)
Saw this tv in an ad for 749.99 1-01-12 did some research and decided to purchase, I have found you will drive yourself crazy with professional reviewers since most everything is based on intricate measuring instruments now if they flat out say its junk I believe them. anyways after setting up the set I started to wonder if I made the right chose,since instructions are weak... but I started troubleshooting what I thought was a poor picture and found that everything that contributed to it was not the settings in the tv rather all of the settings in the dish/cable box once I set my receiver box to the correct settings and installed a new hdmi cable the picture on this set is MIND BLOWING... makes it seem as if your in the studio watching them film the episode or news events... I watched Avatar on dvd and was stunned with the picture I then watched the movie 2012 on a HD dish station and it seemed as if the plane was coming out of the screen at you!! Sound is decent but I am using a home theater anyways. I would strongly recommend this product, and if anyone that does purchase has image problems check all of you box/receiver settings before you give it up... I am extremely happy with this unit
By J Branson (Gainesville, FL) -
This review is from: Toshiba 55G310U 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV, Black (2011 Model) (Electronics)
I spent weeks shopping for televisions. I visited many different stores. I had decided on buying a 60" Sharp LED that was priced at $999. I was told it was not in stock. I came back to look again, and was once again disapointed.

This Toshiba television also was priced $999. Clearly the Sharp was a better TV for the money.

The employee at the store told me they had an open box that didnt fit into the customers living space and would sell it to me for $699. Great deal! I took it home and hooked it up.

TO BREAK IT DOWN
If you have $1000 to spend on a TV, there are better options.
If you can find a deal on this TV for what I paid, $699, you should buy it.

PROS:

*Clean Design

*Solid Construction

*3 HDMI Ports

*1 Optical Audio Out

*Link system that allows remote control to function on HDMI connected devices (NOT XBOX 360, but works great on my Sony Blue Ray Home Theater)

*Flawless 1080p Picture

*Very Decent 120Hz

*Not a plasma

*No nonsense menu navigation

*Simple Easy to use remote

*Blue Ray disk looks great, Xbox looks great, HD broadcast looks great.

CONS:

*Any non HD input or standard definition really looks terrible on this large 55" screen. 720p input at minimum is required for a decent picture.

*Speakers are weak. Fortunatly you can turn them off, and make the volume from the remote control your home theater volume instead!

*Picture angle could be significantly improved. Looks great head on. I do notice fading from the side view though (Deep blacks begin to turn grey).

*Initially I had a GREEN Screen from xbox source. After investigation, changing the xbox HD output color settings fixed this immediatly, no fault of the TV.

*Factory picture settings are poor, fine tuning does resolve this but takes a few attempts to get it right.

Additional thoughts:

If you have a modern home theater system, xbox 360, or PS3 that run internet applications like Netflix, Facebook, Hulu, Pandora, etc... Do not waste you hard earned money on buying a TV with these options also. This TV is a great display for all your current gadgets to operate on. It would likely make a weak package all by itself though.

Even though my sony home theater supports 3D, I just find the whole 3D thing a hoax and refuse to participate in wearing goofy glasses for my home entertainment. It is simply not worth it to me to spend hundreds more for 3D.

PC running HDMI out looks fantastic.

I use mine for mainly Sports / Gaming / Blu Ray / Netflix / Hulu and am more than pleased with all the pictures these provide.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét