Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Toshiba 19AV500U 19-Inch Deals

By Jerry Lundegarde "Car Salesman" (Minneapolis, MN) -
This review is from: Toshiba 19AV500U 19-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
I live in a "fringe" area for OTA reception in a densely wooded neighborhood 30 miles from the cities and have a rooftop antenna with a pre-amplifier system. I currently own Hitachi, Sony and Olevia TVs with built in ATSC tuners and find the Toshiba 19AV500U has the most trouble maintaining good reception from several of the HD channels. I've tried hooking it up to the other antenna leads in the house and results were the same so I've concluded the tuner sensitivity is not as good as my other TVs. However, when locked-in to an HD channel the picture quality is excellent. The Toshiba is very attractive with the piano black bezel and adjustable stand. The interface is simple and intuitive, setup was a breeze. I found the "DynaLight" feature annoying as it seems to randomly change the overall brightness ever so slightly too often. At first I thought there was something wrong with the backlight because of this "flickering" effect. I discovered that DynaLight is enabled by default. When I turned it off in the Advanced Video menu the problem was resolved. Overall this is a very good budget priced LCD HDTV from one of the best names in the business. This is a darned tootin' fine TV.

 By W. Bilofsky (CA United States) -
This review is from: Toshiba 19AV501U 19-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (White) (Electronics)
I ordered this TV to take advantage of the HDTV channels available over Comcast Cable in the San Francisco Bay area, without having to rent Comcast's pricey cable box. It fills the bill perfectly.

Using the default settings, the picture is sharp and contrasty. There's plenty of sound volume. The screen hardly reflects light at all, which is nice since we have a lot of windows. The Natural picture size setting chooses the proper picture width all the time. (I've never figured out why some people view everything in full width, even if it adds 50 pounds to all the people on the screen.)

I got a scare when first hooking it up. I ordered it only after a Comcast agent verified that with the built-in QAM tuner it would receive HDTV just by plugging the cable signal into the antenna/cable coax jack. But when first turned on, it only received analog signals. Calling Comcast back, I was told that I would need a $7/month cable box. Fortunately this turned out to be baloney. While my wife was channel-flipping, she started getting HDTV stations too, and now it shows every analog and digital channel, even on my non-digital cable service plan. My wife claims full credit for "fixing" it. I suspect it took a while to lock into some aspect of the cable service. Who knows.

So here's two recommendations: Double check everything Comcast tells you. And buy this TV.

(Oh - and also see the reviews for the 19AV500U - it's the identical model in black.)
By T. Burton "Sugarbrie" (Maryland, United States) -
This review is from: Toshiba 19AV501U 19-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (White) (Electronics)
All 19 inch HDTV's regardless of brand have a 16:10 aspect ratio.
This is because 19 inch computer monitors are 16:10 and they out number televisions by the billions.
To keep the cost down TV makers buy the same LCD panels made for computer monitors. Unless you would pay $1000 for a 19 inch set, I doubt any company will ever custom order a 16:9 panel for television manufacture.
A lot of these TV's can be set to 16:9. There will be a small black bar on the right and left edges since the panel is wider. But a lot of people hate the black bar, so there you go..
The reviewer here who was returning the TV because of this "defect" will be sadly disapointed when he buys a new 19 inch set and discovers it is also 16:10

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét