Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Toshiba 40RV525U 40-Inch Deals

By Arvind Somya "Tangled Wires" (Morrisville NC USA) -

This review is from: Toshiba 40RV525U 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
This is my first HDTV, got it for $679 + tax from Amazon over thanksgiving.

Initially I was a little skeptical because of the low price tag and lack of reviews but I decided to take the plunge and buy it coz Toshiba is an old and reputed brand.

Pros:
- The picture quality is simply amazing on this TV. Blacks are pitch black and the colors are sharp.
- Blu ray DVD's are crystal clear at 1080p.
- Response time, while not great has not been a hindrance in gaming so far (GTA IV and LittleBigPlanet on PS3)
- It was extremely easy to set up. Remove packaging, screw in stand, plug power and you're good to go.
- Lots of HDMI inputs (3). I have a PS3 and an upconverting DVD player plugged to two slots. will be plugging in my desktop to the third one once I get my DVI-HDMI cable.
- PC VGA input with stereo sound jack, makes it easy to plug in laptops.
- Sleek stylish looks.
- Remote buttons glow faintly in the dark :)

Cons:
- A little on the heavy side compared to the newer flat screens, It weighed around 50lbs+, I was able to lift it alone onto a VESA mount around 4.5ft in height but I lift weights.
- The picture is a little too dark, I've been fiddling with the picture settings but I haven't been able to get a perfect balance of light and dark.
Had to turn up the brightness considerably while watching some dark movies like Underworld.
- Mediocre sound, would recommend investing in a surround sound system.
- PC VGA input doesn't go beyond 1368x768, haven't tried a dvi to hdmi yet.
- Screen is a little reflective, tubelights especially messed up the picture completely.

Overall I'm extremely satisfied with this purchase, can't beat the features at this price for a 1080p.

 By Pete Brown -
This review is from: Toshiba 40RV525U 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
I bought this TV for our bedroom two weeks ago based on the price and the positive reviews I read about it. I was a little skeptical that such a low-priced LCD could provide the kind of quality I was looking for but this is the real deal. The picture is bright and crisp even using the component cables I'm stuck with until my new HDMIs arrive. There's definitely some motion blur and the sound is above average at best, but think it would be tough to find a better value than the RV525U at the current $700-$750 range.
By Ryan K. Weston -
This review is from: Toshiba 40RV525U 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
I recently purchased this tv about 2 weeks ago. I had about a 1 and a half month long process of comparing/contrasting tv's. I compared the samsung 40 inch a550 to this one. only big difference is contrast ratio. 30,000:1 (samsung) 15,000:1 (toshiba). as well as $80 price difference. I finally came to a final decision on the toshiba. I went to a local best buy and compared the toshiba to other top of the line lcd's (sony, samsung). I virtually saw no difference in the picture. I also have my blu ray player hooked up via hdmi. COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!! the picture is awesome. my xbox 360 looks absolutely stunning as well. the reviews are true that the sound on this tv is not up to par. but not many lcd's have great speakers because of the small size the speakers need to be to fit in tv. Which is why home theatre systems were invented, problem solved! I definetly recommend this tv to anyone looking to stay around th $700 range. its the best lcd you can purchase in this price range! I'd save yourself a $100 bucks or so and try out this toshiba! you will not be dissapointed!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét